Stand With Me!
We’ve got just three days to meet our $10,000 matching goal!
Your $10 gift will become $20.
$25 will become $50.
$100 will become $200.
And so on.
Thank you, Clarence Thomas!
First, I want to say, “Happy Birthday!” to my good friend Justice Clarence Thomas!
Second, I want to say “Thank you, Clarence,” for today’s Supreme Court decision upholding our Second Amendment rights.
The justices ruled 6-to-3 that New York’s strict regulation of concealed carry permits was unconstitutionally broad and illegally limited the Second Amendment right of self-defense to the confines of one’s home.
For example, during oral arguments, New York’s solicitor general told Justice Alito that leaving work late at night and walking through a high-crime neighborhood to get home was not a sufficient reason to be granted a concealed-carry permit.
Justice Alito’s concerns were not merely hypothetical. There’s a serious crime wave sweeping the nation. Six cities are on track to exceed last year’s record crime rates, including New York City.
While New York City liberals are busy trying to protect criminals, the conservative justices, thankfully, care about innocent New Yorkers. The high court found that New York’s overbearing demands were inconsistent with the guarantees of the Second Amendment.
In his opinion for the court’s majority, Justice Thomas declared:
“The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not ‘a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules . . . The exercise of other constitutional rights does not require individuals to demonstrate to government officers some special need. . . Nothing in the Second Amendment’s text draws a home/public distinction with respect to the right to keep and bear arms.”
It’s interesting that the court’s conservative justices issued today’s opinion expanding Second Amendment rights, while many politicians in Congress felt compelled to “do something” to restrict those rights.
It also bears repeating that today’s Second Amendment victory would have been a crushing defeat for freedom if Hillary Clinton, not Donald Trump, had replaced Justices Scalia, Kennedy and Ginsburg. (By the way, Hillary is still claiming that she won the 2016 election!)
American Values played a key role in those critical confirmation battles. And I look forward to celebrating more important victories in the days ahead.
Joe Biden’s America
You’re not going to believe this, but President Biden is evidently calling in experts to explain why his polling is so low and why 70% of you feel the country is heading in the wrong direction.
Let me save the taxpayers some money. Just consider this sampling of recent headlines:
- Mexico, which is facing incredible challenges on all fronts, is going to bail out the United States with exports of baby formula so that American mothers can feed their newborns. “Sleepy Joe’s” administration took months to figure out there was a problem, and then they spent additional months trying to solve it. Evidently, their solution is to make America, the most powerful nation on earth, dependent on Mexico to feed our babies.
- When asked about their sky high energy prices, Biden Administration officials respond by essentially saying, “You wouldn’t have so much trouble if you could just plug your car in every night.” Here’s a reality check: There are 290 million cars in America. Maybe 2 million of them are electric. Does the White House really not know that?
- Biden angrily claimed yesterday that the inflation scorching family budgets is all Vladimir Putin’s fault. But Biden’s own Federal Reserve chairman, Jerome Powell, said, “No, inflation was high before -- certainly before the war in Ukraine broke out.” Whoops!
- Biden again attacked the oil industry yesterday, and demanded that they lower prices at the pump. But oil companies don’t set the prices at the pump. The overwhelming majority of gas stations are “mom and pop” operations. They are one store owned by one person or family. Larger regional convenience store chains own about 37% of gas stations. Oil companies own very few gas stations.
- While Biden is demonizing our energy companies, economists are warning about a new phenomenon called “energy poverty.” That’s American families falling into poverty because Biden’s green policies have made their energy costs so high, they cannot pay their bills. Just 17 months ago, we were an energy independent nation.
- The Biden Administration yesterday declared war against the electronic cigarette industry. Let’s see if I have this straight: Record numbers of Americans are dying of drug overdoses, fueled by fentanyl coming across Biden’s open border. (Communist China is responsible for much of it.) Liberal politicians in the states are legalizing hard drugs. Liberals in Congress want to legalize marijuana. Biden looks at all of this and declares war on Juul, which has helped millions of Americans get off cigarettes.
- In the last 24 hours, another 8,000 illegal aliens crossed the southern border and entered America, including untold numbers of gang members, criminals and suspected terrorists.
- The S&P 500 is a broad measure of the U.S. stock market. The stock prices of these 500 companies reflect how the country is doing. Unfortunately, the S&P 500 hasn’t been this bad in the first half of a year since the Nixon era. Biden says he doesn’t care about the stock market. That’s obvious. But millions of Americans with retirement accounts do care. (Trump tried to warn us.)
- In his effort yesterday to blame everyone other than himself for what’s going on in the country, a frustrated Bided said, “This is a time of war, global peril [in] Ukraine. These are not normal times.” We are not at war. The people of Ukraine are at war. We’re just writing the checks to pay for it – more than $50 billion so far.
- Today is the 50th anniversary of Title IX, the federal law guaranteeing equality for women in education and sports. It should be a big celebration. But the Biden Administration and cultural elites are trying to convince us that a man in a dress can claim to be a woman and should be allowed to compete against your daughter and have access to her locker room. Far from “liberating” women, the left is now erasing them!
- In the last 24 hours, the Michigan offices of Rep. Tim Walberg and multiple pro-life groups were attacked, and the president still will not condemn this violence and demand that his supporters stop attacking women’s centers. There’s no doubt that the people doing this are progressive leftists. Mr. President, tell your voters to stop attacking women’s clinics!
Tune in to Centerpoint tonight at 7:30 PM ET on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. I will be on this evening to discuss today’s Supreme Court decision on the Second Amendment, as well as what we can expect from the court in the days ahead.